|Volunteer Title:||Charity Shop volunteer|
|Location:||Blackburn Mall||Travel Required:||Yes, would require transport to location of shop|
|Supervisor:||Lancashire Mind Volunteer Coordinator & Mind Training Coordinator||Hours Required:||At least 4 hours a week for 3 months.|
|Enhanced DBS check required?
|No – this role will not involve working in one to one situations or unsupervised with people at risk
|Applications Accepted By:|
Paper version available on request from head office
Attention: Volunteer Coordinator
|Mail: Volunteer Coordinator
Lancashire Mind Head Office
80-82 Devonshire Road
|What’s it all about?
Lancashire Mind has been chosen as Blackburn Mall’s Charity of the Year for 2016. Part of this exciting opportunity is the opening of a pop up shop in conjunction with National Mind in the run up to Christmas.
All profits made will help to improve Mental Wellbeing For All.
What does the role involve?
Opening in late September we are looking for enthusiastic, reliable volunteers who are able to give a weekly commitment throughout autumn and early winter.
Within the shop there are various roles needed including:
· Team leader – if you are highly organised, a good motivator and have some experience of management then this is the role for you
· Stock preparation volunteer & window dresser/ merchandiser – if you have a keen interest in fashion and/or collectables and trends this role is for you
· Volunteer sales assistant – great if you have strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
· Specialist knowledge volunteer – perfect if you have a particular interest in antiques, collectables, books or entertainment
· Volunteer stock generation assistant – if you are organized with good attention to detail then this is the role for you
· Housekeeping volunteer – this role is suited for someone able to work on their own initiative.
What could you be doing?
· Talking to customers and making them feel welcome in the shop.
· Operating the till and dealing with various types of payment.
· Helping to keep the shop tidy and attractive & keeping an eye on the security of the shop.
· Sorting sacks of clothes and other goods to decide what is suitable for sale
· Putting stock out for display on the shop floor
· Helping with the designing and creation of displays
· Maintaining the stockroom
· Be mindful of health & safety
· Abide and follow safeguarding principles
· Follow all policy & procedures at all times
What we can offer you:
· Information and materials to help you carry out your role effectively
· Recognition of the role that you are carrying out in support of Lancashire Mind
· Training, guidance and support
· An opportunity to feed back about your role
· Reimbursement of agreed out of pocket expenses incurred while carrying out activities on behalf of Lancashire Mind e.g. travel
We are looking for people who:
· Have an interest in our work and working in a shop
· Have the ability to work as part of a team and get on with other volunteers in the shop.
· Are able to provide a friendly, high quality service to customers.
· Have a commitment to equal opportunities and to treating all individuals who visit or work in the shop with dignity and respect.
· Have a willingness to help with a range of tasks in the shop, and to undertake tasks as requested.
· Are reliable
· Are approachable and friendly
· Have an ability to maintain professional boundaries & work unsupervised
What’s the next step?
Once your application is received the volunteer coordinator will get in touch with you to let you know if you are going to be invited to come along for an informal interview. If successful at the interview, we will request 2 references for you. Once your references have been received and are deemed acceptable you will be invited to complete your induction and further training.