RateMyPlacement has a number of opportunities with the following Companies: HSBC Premier, Enterprise Car Hire, Deloitte Global
Below are a links to Internship Applications:
Spring internships for first year students
There are a number of dedicated schemes open to first years. Many are in finance and law, however others exist and you should not consider this an exhaustive list. Some organisations may not have a formal scheme for first year students but may still accept applications, check directly with employers which opportunities are open to you.
Closing dates for schemes will vary, however many are in the autumn, and you are advised to apply as early as you can as they are extremely popular.
- Target graduate recruitment eventsExpenses paid insight days in to areas such as Law, Banking, the Civil Service and Technology (this varies annually), some suitable for 1st year students.
- SEO LondonUsually host a two day mini internship in December for first year ethnic minority undergraduates keen to learn more about the investment banking industry, take part in interactive training sessions and meet representatives from all sponsor firms. They are also fast tracked for work experience/insight programmes at those firms.
- Bank of AmericaSummer & Spring Insight weeks.
- BarclaysSpring Insight Programme offers a 4 day experience at their headquarters in London’s Canary Wharf. Open to first year students, or second year of a 4 year degree.
- Credit SuisseOutreach programmes include a 5 day spring Programme which provides an introduction to Investment Banking, Operations, Finance and IT Divisions.
- Deutsche BankSpring into Banking offers a ‘mini internship’ introduction to what a career with Deutsche Bank is really like. Choose from one of five divisions to work in – Finance, Global Banking, Global Markets, Group Technology & Operations and Legal, Risk & Capital.
- Ernst & YoungThe company offers Insight Days and a 3 day Leadership Academy aimed at first year students, to give you a real insight into how the business works, to help you develop real leadership skills and gain a clear understanding of your strengths.
- Goldman SachsThe Spring Program is a great opportunity to understand more about the company.
- HSBC 1st Year InternshipsA challenging placement in a retail branch, or one of the company’s commercial or corporate banking centres in the UK.
- ICAPA one week Insight Programme offering a unique opportunity to learn about the world of interdealer broking and ICAP
- JP Morgan Spring WeekWeek-long events aimed at getting students one step closer to a career in investment banking.
- Morgan Stanley Spring Insight ProgramAimed at first year students of a 3 year degree, or 2nd year students of a 4 year degree, the Spring Insight Program helps you learn more about the Financial Services industry and the company.
- PricewaterhouseCoopersTheir Insight Days, Insight Academy and work shadowing opportunities are aimed at first year students and give you the opportunity to learn from top professional business advisers and recruiters.
- Royal Bank of ScotlandSpring Week offers you the chance to gain valuable work experience, technical training and attend networking events.
- UBS Insights UKProvides a chance to spend a week with UBS during the Easter holidays. Get an insider’s view of what it’s really like to work there, with a possible fast-track into a summer internship the following year.
- Banking insights list on Grad Diary
- BNP ParibasSpring Insight week is a structured programme combining practical workshops and business presentations with social events and networking opportunities
- Credit SuisseOutreach programmes include a Spring Programme which provides a 5 day introduction to either IT, Investment Banking, Operations or Finance Divisions.
- Metaswitch Networks8 week internships open to all undergraduates. From day one, you’ll work on complex and challenging programming assignments within a team of creative and hard-working professionals.
- DLA PiperThe company runs Insight Days for first years so you can learn about DLA Piper as a firm and commercial law in general. Our open days provide you with an insight into life as a trainee.
- Eversheds – The Big DealThis unique one-day event is designed to give both law first year and non-law second year students a practical insight into life as a commercial lawyer.
- Hogan LovellsA one week Easter vacation programme designed to give first year law students an insight into commercial law and working in a global legal practice
- Simmons & SimmonsA two day spring insight workshop – Legal Ladder, for first year law students and penultimate year non-law students.
- TARGETchances City LawA 2 day residential for 1st year law and second year non law students from ethnic minorities, held in June. Network with representatives from all levels within top City law firms, take part in real business activities and legal case studies, and get a unique insight into the legal sector
- Barnado’s Volunteer InternshipsA 12 week voluntary placement in one of Barnardo’s offices, children’s services or retail outlets across the UK. You can volunteer in a variety of areas such as retail, policy and research, fundraising, marketing and digital media.
- DESG (Defence Engineering and Science Group)The DESG Sponsorship Scheme provides sponsorship and summer placements for science and engineering students (must be of British nationality or dual nationality with one British parent). Further information is provided in theirSponsorship Fact Sheet.
- Enterprise Rent-A-CarEnterprise offer paid internships, either over the summer, as 1 year placements or part time throughout your studies. First and second years can apply.
- Pearson Student Advisory BoardPearson is an international media company with world-leading businesses in education, business information and consumer publishing. Their businesses include Penguin, The Financial Times and Pearson International. Each year, First and second year students are invited to join their Student Advisory Board and work on projects aimed at helping those in education to reach their full potential. Opportunities are usually advertised in Dec and January, so look for vacancies in CareersLink.
- Procter & GambleThe company offers a Manchester Scholarship (advertised in CareersLink when they are available) for 1st year undergraduates on the following courses: Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Chemical Engineering and Electrical Engineering. The scholarship will comprise an annual award of £2,000 for the duration of your course plus a minimum of twelve weeks paid work placement.
- Unilever Spring Internship ProgrammeA chance for first years to gain a business insight into the company behind brands like Dove, Flora and Ben & Jerrys. Covers areas including finance, marketing, supply chain and customer management (sales).
* http://lloydsbankinggrouptalent.com/apply/ – Lloyds Bank
* https://www.rbsgraduatecareers.com/Vacancy/Search/PreLogonSearchPostedResults.asp – Royal Bank of Scotland
* https://www.enterprisealive.co.uk/search-and-apply/job-search-results/?job_keywords=Key+Words…&job_category=None&job_location=UK-North+and+South+Lancashire&job_position=None&paging=0&job_submit=Search – Enterprise Rent A Car
* http://www.milkround.com/search/graduate-jobs-internships-england-north-west/50/ – Various Companies