ROLE TITLE: Familywise Support Volunteer
DESCRIPTION OF ROLE:
We are seeking a volunteer to start as soon as possible to provide support to our Familywise team. Familywise supports children, young people and families working primarily with schools and other organisations to offer holistic support and early interventions through a ‘total family’ approach. You will be supporting the team to deliver 12 week intervention programmes – this includes one to one support and group work.
- You must be aged 18 or over to apply for this role
- Enthusiastic and non-judgemental
- Good communication skills and the ability to build positive relationships with young people
- Be aware of the safeguarding policy and procedure for children and vulnerable adults and ensure that the safeguarding of children, young people and adults is given the highest priority in the work undertaken.
- Reliable and flexible to meet the needs of the service
- T. skills using Microsoft Word/Excel – will be using online record keeping systems
- Ability to work in a team and on own initiative
- To commit for a minimum of 6 months from the date training has been completed
- An awareness of local social facilities and support services would be advantageous
DAYS / HOURS:
At least 3 hours per week on a mutually convenient day. You will be able to volunteer more than this if desired.
WHERE & WHEN:
This volunteering will take place the community – we are looking for support in the following areas: Blackburn with Darwen, Preston, Chorley, Leyland and South Ribble. To start as soon as possible and then on-going.
- Induction, training, supervision and development opportunities will be provided
- An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service checked against the Child’s Barred List and references will be sought for this role
- Agreed out of pocket expenses, including travel, will be reimbursed
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN:
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop experience and skills supporting children, young people and families. The role will give you the chance to meet new people, increase confidence and experience and learn more about our organisation. You will gain knowledge of family support and if desired will have the opportunity to experience different areas of our service. This is a very friendly and sociable working environment and you will be welcome to attend team meetings, training and development days as appropriate.
If you are interested in this voluntary role or would like any more information, please contact Leanne Labrow, Volunteer Coordinator, Child Action Northwest, 01254 244700, email@example.com