ROLE TITLE: Fundraising, Events and Communications Volunteer
DESCRIPTION OF ROLE:
CANW is a modern, not for profit Charitable organisation and it is really important that we get positive messages out to the wider community about the work we do in order to raise the profile of CANW and to generate fundraising support.
We are seeking volunteers to:
- Assist with event planning and the running of events
- Support events by advocating on behalf of the charity
- Building positive relationships within the local community: i.e. local businesses, schools and members of the public
- To encourage businesses and organisations to adopt us as their chosen charity
- Assist with general office administration duties: i.e. thank you letters, money collections, introduction emails / telephone calls
- Enthusiastic with an interest in fundraising and events
- Good communication skills and the ability to build positive relationships
- Good written skills with basic IT knowledge including using the internet
- The ability to be proactive and use own initiative
Number of hours are flexible based on your availability and can be explored further during discussions. The role is predominantly during office hours 9-5 however some flexibility is required for out of hours’ events.
This volunteering will take place specifically within Blackburn with Darwen
- References will be sought for this role
- Induction, training, supervision and development opportunities will be available
- Agreed out of pocket expenses, including travel, will be reimbursed
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN:
This is a fantastic opportunity increase confidence and experience and learn about our charity, the wider voluntary sector and the role of fundraising and events.
You will develop your public relation skills and work based skills, meet new people and be part of a thriving fundraising team.
If you are interested in this voluntary role or would like any more information, please contact Leanne Labrow, Volunteer Coordinator, CANW, 01254 244700, email@example.com