ROLE TITLE: MEAM Support Volunteer
DESCRIPTION OF ROLE:
We are seeking a volunteer to start as soon as possible to provide support to our MEAM (Making Every Adult Matter) team. MEAM works with some of the most vulnerable people in the community who have often experienced traumatic and chaotic lifestyles. They take individuals’ wider issues such as drugs and alcohol and provide bespoke packages to meet their needs. This may include helping them to manage stress and anxieties and keeping appointments to ensure each individual receives the right support to help them find a place of their own with the prospect of a happy, healthy and positive future.
- To shadow the project worker when delivering face to face work
- To act as a positive role model for the client
- To assist the client in attending non priority appointments/ support groups
- To assist in the development and delivery of consultation
- To attend events and training relevant to the project
- To report back any issues to their project worker
- To liaise with the project worker and have regular update meetings
- You must be aged 18 or over to apply for this role
- Experience of assisting chaotic and vulnerable adults
- Minimum of 3 months face to face volunteering experience
- Good knowledge of confidentiality and safeguarding
- Good communication skills and engagement skills
- Ability to work as a part of a team
- Good understanding of client focused approach and the MEAMs project aims
- Appropriate training – Safeguarding and Health & Safety
- A valid driving licence and access to own transport
DAYS / HOURS:
At least 3 hours per week on a mutually convenient day. You will be able to volunteer more than this if desired.
WHERE & WHEN:
This volunteering will take place the community – we are looking for support in Blackburn with Darwen and Burnley. To start as soon as possible and then on-going.
- Induction, training, supervision and development opportunities will be provided
- An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service against the Vulnerable Adults Barred list and references will be sought for this role
- Agreed out of pocket expenses, including travel, will be reimbursed
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN:
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop experience and skills supporting vulnerable adults who have multiple needs living in hostels or who may be homeless. The role will give you the chance to meet new people, increase confidence and experience the real world; through hands on work in the community. Not only will you develop lasting personal and professional relationship but it also a great way to learn about people from all walks of life and different environments. You will gain in-depth knowledge of supporting and empowering vulnerable adults to makes life changes. This is a very friendly and sociable working environment and you will be welcome to attend team meetings, training and development days as appropriate.
If you are interested in this voluntary role or would like any more information, please contact Leanne Labrow, Volunteer Coordinator, Child Action Northwest, 01254 244700, email@example.com