Peer Health & Well-being Champion
We are looking for young people who can act as champions for health and wellbeing in Mill Hill, Shadsworth and Whitebirk. Brook will give you training and support so you can make a difference for young people in your area. This will be your project – we want people who get involved to have a voice in about issues that matter to them, and make decisions about how the project is run.
- Giving peer support to young people to improve their health and wellbeing
- Working as part of a team to plan health promotion events
- Giving advice and support for young people to access health services
- Work with the Volunteer Co-ordinator to develop a plan for the project and to evaluate project activities.
Benefits to you:
- Take part in accredited training
- Gain experience working for leading national charity
- Have a say in designing and developing the project
- Develop skills for working with others in a peer education role
- All out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed
Qualities, skills and experience useful to the role:
- Being punctual, organised and reliable
- Has a strong interest in sexual and emotional health
- Non-judgemental attitudes
- Ability to work with other people
- Values in line with Brook’s core values
- Willing to learn new skills
- Outgoing and welcoming.
Training and provision
You will be provided with:
- An induction to Brook,
- Access to accredited training to support you in your role,
- A named supervisor to provide support and supervision
- Access to internal job opportunities and training
We ask that you commit to volunteering for at least two to three hours per week for a minimum of six months.
Volunteers will be working in community locations on Mill Hill and Shadsworth with Whitebirk
Equality and Diversity:
Brook is committed to equality in volunteer opportunities, employment and service delivery and all staff and volunteers are expected to actively promote equality and diversity in all aspects of their work. We welcome applications from people of all ages including young people and experienced professionals. We are particularly keen to broaden the diversity of the team, and would especially welcome applications from people with diverse ethnicities, LGB or T people, or men.