|Volunteer Title:||Street team member|
|Location:||Across Lancashire||Travel Required:||Yes, required to travel to location of event|
|Supervisor:||Volunteer Coordinator and Fundraising Coordinator||Hours Required:||Minimum attendance at 3 events a year ideal.|
|Enhanced DBS check required?
|No – this role will not involve working in one to one situations or unsupervised with people at risk
|Applications Accepted By:|
Paper version available on request from head office
Attention: Volunteer Coordinator
|Mail: Volunteer Coordinator
Lancashire Mind Head Office
80-82 Devonshire Road
|What’s it all about?
Street team members are the faces of Lancashire Mind. They are responsible for in-person Outreach and fundraising across Lancashire, aiming to engage and encourage active involvement in Lancashire Mind through direct contact and hand-to-hand distribution of information materials.
What does the role involve?
We are looking for people to help us run various events throughout the year. These events are wide ranging and include our annual family fun run, Mental Elf, bucket collections at local supermarkets, being part of a cheering station at larger national runs and events at local partner organisations. We would like the help of a group of friendly and enthusiastic people to assist us in all aspects of running events. You would not need to be available at a set time.
What will you be doing?
· Engaging in conversations with the general public and potential interested parties
· Hand-to-hand distribution of Lancashire Mind information (flyers, word-of-mouth)
· Assisting Lancashire Mind staff with outreach on major campaigns and events
· Attending any briefings from staff about what the event will entail
· Helping to set up and set down stands and other promotional materials, before the event has started and after the event has finished
· Publicising the work of Lancashire Mind at the event by talking to people and distributing promotional material
· Be mindful of health & safety
· Abide and follow safeguarding principles
· Follow Lancashire Minds policy & procedures at all times
What we can offer you:
• A pre-event briefing to ensure you are up to date with Lancashire Mind and what we currently offer locally.
• Relevant on the day information and materials at each event
• Recognition of the role that you are carrying out in support of Lancashire Mind
• Opportunities for training
• An opportunity to feed back about your role
• Monthly updates about upcoming events and general news
We are looking for people who:
• Have an interest in the work that Lancashire Mind does and be willing to learn more (training given)
· Are friendly and confident in talking to a range of people
· Are flexibility in terms of the tasks you are asked to undertake at the event
· Are able to follow instructions and also take the initiative when required
· Have an understanding of people’s motivations in attending events and how you can best promote Lancashire Mind to them
What’s the next step?
Once you sign up to our events team your name and email address will be automatically added to our database and held in the “Street Team Group”. You will only receive updates and invitations regarding volunteering unless you are already involved in other aspects of our work.
You will receive a monthly update detailing upcoming events and how to get involved. If you see any events that interest you please contact the organiser (listed in the update) to sign up.
We will also send an annual survey out to all our Street team members requesting feedback about the role.