ASSISTANT COLOUR SPECIALIST
TEMPORARY MATERNITY COVER
In order to provide maternity leave cover, a temporary vacancy has arisen for an Assistant Colour Specialist to work within the Colour Service, part of the Marketing Department in Crown House, Darwen. Reporting to the Acting Colour Specialist, the prime purpose of the role is to assist in developing and delivering colour solutions and schemes on behalf of our various Trade sales teams, who work with professional customers. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Providing generic and bespoke colour solutions in the form of colour cards, digital visualisations and mood boards, appropriate to various market sectors; education, healthcare, commercial and housing.
- Taking client briefs, predominantly via the sales teams, but also directly from clients and responding to those briefs with recommendations in the appropriate format
- Maintenance of equipment required for the role and continual review of IT requirements to ensure that the highest quality of finished schemes is delivered
- Providing support to the Trade Marketing team on various projects
You will need to demonstrate:
- Creative and colour specifying skills and experience, together with a good understanding and working knowledge of colour aesthetics, interior and graphic design
- The ability to work on own initiative, sometimes unsupervised, and to maintain and report accurate records of colour schemes produced
- The ability to work closely with the Brand Marketing, Specification and Sector Support teams to ensure projects and tasks are delivered on time.
- Effective inter-personal and presentation skills in communicating with other internal departments, the Design Studio, the sales teams and, on occasions, directly with clients
Ideally you should have a design-related degree or at minimum a pre-degree qualification such as Foundation Diploma in Art & Design. However, a strong creative flair, coupled with an eagerness to learn are equally as important. Applicants must be conversant with standard Windows Office programmes (Outlook, PowerPoint and Word) and Apple Mac software packages such as Photoshop & Illustrator. Experience of AVA Cad Cam is ideal but not essential, as is experience using 3D visualisation software programmes such as 3D Studio Max.
This temporary position is available from April 2015 and we currently expect it to last for between 4 and 5 months. Hours of work are 8.30 to 5.00, Monday to Friday.
If you would like to be considered for this vacancy, please apply in writing, stating in detail why you think you would be successful in this role. Please submit your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS MONDAY 23RD MARCH