ROLE TITLE: Reparation Volunteer
DESCRIPTION OF ROLE:
Child Action Northwest has a long history of providing Youth Justice support programmes for young people. We are looking for volunteers to work with young people aged 10-17 who have committed minor offences and are willing to make amends for their behaviour. You will support our staff working on various community projects with small groups of young people including painting, gardening, ground maintenance, woodwork, horticulture as well as many other interesting tasks.
- You must be aged 18 or over to apply for this role
- Enthusiastic and non-judgemental
- Good communication skills and the ability to engage with young people
- Experience and /or awareness of safeguarding children and young people and of confidentiality
- Reliable and flexible to reflect the nature of the role
- A willingness to attend relevant training and develop skills
- A valid driving license and access to own transport
- Practical skills would be advantageous but not essential as long as you are willing to get involved with projects
DAYS: At least one session every 2 weeks. You will be able to volunteer more than this if required.
HOURS: Mon-Fri days will be 15:00-19:00 Saturdays will be 10:00-15:00. These are approximate hours which may alter due to nature of the role and destination of project.
WHERE: Projects will be based across Lancashire.
WHEN: We are looking to recruit as soon as possible and then the role will be on-going.
- Induction, training, supervision and development opportunities will be provided.
- An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check against the Child’s Barred List and references will be sought for this role.
- A mileage allowance of 45p per mile and agreed out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed.
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN:
This is a fantastic opportunity develop your experience and skills working directly with children and young people within a reparation environment. You will work with a range of young people with differing needs and will have an opportunity to really make a positive difference for them and the wider community. You will also learn about our organisation and the range of work that it does.
If you are interested in this voluntary role or would like any more information, please contact Leanne Labrow, Volunteer Coordinator, Child Action Northwest, 01254 244700, email@example.com